‘Best Breakfast in Chorlton’ is actually the claim made on the board of Revise Bar in Chorlton, Manchester. And how right they are too! There’s a food area there called Tom’s Kitchen which serves a mighty array of culinary delights, all cooked and served personally by Tom himself.
We went there on the Saturday after spending all of the Friday night before getting the mix together. As soon as we walked in and sat down, we heard ‘I Shot the Sheriff’ by Bob Marley playing. Jim proposed that ‘Tom’s Diner’ by Suzanne Vega would fit quite nicely over it. One marvellous breakfast later (honestly, you really need to try one!), we headed back to give it a try. Lo and behold, it sounded great! We thought it quite apt that we were in Tom’s Kitchen when the idea came about and so decided to call the mix ‘Best Breakfast in Chorlton’.
We’d like to dedicate the Suzanne Vega mix to Tom the Head Chef – his food’s sorted me out on many an occasion now!. This is the second entirely computer sequenced and beatmatched mix, but has more of a live mixed feel than Prawn of the Dead.
- Amon Tobin – Horsefish
- Blockhead – Insomniac Olympics
- DJ Vadim – English Breakfast
- Cannibal Holocaust Original Theme
- Biosphere – Modifie
- Bob Marley – I Shot the Sheriff
- Suzanne Vega – Tom’s Diner (Acapella)
- A Tribe Called Quest – Can I Kick it?
- DJ Shadow – Bring Madlib Up
- Nightmares on Wax – The Sweetest
- Mr Scruff – Ug
- Screamin’ Jay Hawkins – I Put a Spell on You
- Nightmares on Wax – Pudpots
- Ty – Don’t Watch That
- Nightmares on Wax – 70s 80s
- Freddie Cruger feat. Linn – Pushing On
- Dynamic Syncopation – Veteran’s Leg
- DJ Nu-Mark – Melody
- Aim – The Omen
- Van Morrison – Baby Please Don’t Go
- Nina Simone – I Put a Spell on You